Qazi Mashaal Khan is an Early Stage Researcher for the MSCA ETN PETER project. He is doing his research at the Radio and Hyper-frequency (RF) and the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) group at ESEO, France. His Doctoral Degree will be provided by INSA Rennes University. As part of the ETN – PETER ESR 7, he will carry out the extension of the Integrated Circuit (IC) Immunity and Emission models to incorporate environmental stresses. HALT (Highly accelerated lifetime testing) will be combined with EMC to age an IC in limited time. The main motive will be in depth understanding of ageing, thermal stresses and obsolescence on EMC behavior on many categories of ICs.
He finished his Master’s Degree in Smart Systems Integration with distinction in 2019. This was an EU funded Erasmus + Program where he spent his four semesters in UK, Norway, Hungary and Germany. The host was Heriot-Watt University, UK. For his master thesis, he was able to work on Ultra- High speed Analog to Digital Converters and test the transfer speeds using FPGAs. He finished his Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from Fast NUCES Peshawar, Pakistan in 2016 with Summa Cum Laude. This was followed by a year as a Lab Engineer at his department, where he developed a passion for teaching.
Qazi’s main motive is to stay in academia, teach and accomplish ground breaking research during PhD in the sensational field of EMC.
Publications – First Author
- Obsolescence in EMC Risk Assessment: A Case Study on EFT Immunity of Microcontrollers, link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9245783
- A Comparative Study of On-Chip CMOS S&H Voltage Sensors for Power Integrity: SOI vs. Bulk, link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9559242
- A Comparison among DPI immunities of Multi-stage CSVCOs and Ring Oscillators, (accepted for EMC Compo 2021)
Publications – Co-author
- Knowledge-Based Approach for System Level Electromagnetic Safety Analysis, link: https://dora.dmu.ac.uk/handle/2086/20890
- Comparing Simulated Impact of Single Frequency and Multitone EMI for an Integrated Circuit, (accepted for EMC Compo 2021)
- A New TRL/TRM PCB-based Calibration Method for On-Board Devices Under Test (DUTs), (accepted for EMC Compo 2021)
- PETER Kick-off Event: an ESR perspective ( https://etn-peter.eu/2020/03/11/peter-kick-off-event-an-esr-perspective/ )
- Physical Secondment at Melexis: moving from Academia to Industry ( https://etn-peter.eu/2021/09/21/physical-secondment-at-melexis-moving-from-academia-to-industry/ )